If you are a member of the media with questions regarding TMC, please contact Haley Mustac.
Press Policy for Member Events
The Securities Industry and Financial Markets Association (SIFMA) welcomes media coverage of the majority of its conferences, meetings, seminars, workshops, dinners and other events on important industry issues and topics. SIFMA recognizes that press coverage can help facilitate broader understanding of industry issues. At the same time, however, in order to meet the information and educational needs of its members, SIFMA enforces a few key policies regarding the media.
- Reporters must register in advance.
- Press must hold their questions at SIFMA events until after members have first had an opportunity to ask their questions.
- Press, along with audience members, must identify themselves and the name of their publication when asking questions at open sessions.
- Press must wear conference name badges for the entire event.
- During the general sessions and luncheon, speakers and panelists may be identified and quoted. However, reporters must first obtain permission to quote audience members who ask questions or comment during a meeting.
- Members of the media must identify themselves as members of the press when speaking with attendees during informal conversations at meetings and mutually agree as to whether the conversation is to be used in a story.
- While the majority of its general sessions are on the record, some meetings are for members only in order to permit the SIFMA to conduct its activities.
**PLEASE NOTE: The individual sessions at TMC are open to the press, but are considered off the record.**
When possible, the media will be given an opportunity to meet with the speakers and panelists after the sessions. Media are free to use tape recorders and laptop computers as long as they do not interfere with the proceedings. Video cameras are also permitted with advance notice.
Reporters are also welcome to join members at related social events for off-the-record or background conversations. Any interviews should be conducted separately.
Media Relations Contacts:
Katrina Cavalli, (212)313-1181, firstname.lastname@example.org
Travis Larson, (202) 962-7357, email@example.com